Sunday, July 14, 2013

"Who's That Tapping at the Window.."

Yesterday and today we have had a little friend tapping at our windows and doors. A very small female goldfinch. She seems determined to get our attention to let her in the house. This morning she sat in our lilac bushes up against the living room windows, looking in at us and gently flying toward the window every few minutes for about twenty minutes. Then yesterday she was busy tapping on our front door, windows along the the front, and then at the basement windows. I will try and snap a little photo of her soon for you to see.

My first thought was the little song and game I played at my Kodaly level 1 training this week, Who's that Tapping at the Window, Who's that tapping at the Door.  for the game two children go and hind and sing a response back while two others try and guess who is hiding without looking around the room. A fun game I have played in college before as well, sometimes having had almost every class together for three years still had trouble guessing as we marveled at masking our voices.

But now as the day closes I am starting to wonder what the tapping call may mean besides the cute little tune that automatically plays in my head. What is knocking at my door and my window, who is calling my name. Change is blowing my way. As I am writing the old familiar verses pop in my mind.

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."
Matthew 7:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment