Thursday, September 20, 2012

A bit about Me & the Blog

I realized yesterday that I did not share my purpose for starting this blog or really anything about myself. So here goes....

First off I should tell you a bit about myself. I am a senior music education major in my last semester before student teaching. I live at home and commute to school for the most part living with my parents and two fluffy puppies, whom I love. Most importantly I love Jesus. I paint and write poetry to release who I am and how I feel/see the world. and myself. By no means am I perfect and I struggle a lot to be the woman I want to be. I am a recovering from church hurts, and searching for grace and truth about what it means to live in the Body of Christ and be an individual. I want to live my life running after Him no matter what others say. My goal is to follow Him and no one else. (Again not perfect at this, I tend to learn things the hard way!) I think that is me in a nutshell.

This is a piece I am currently working on titled Vulnerable © 2012
So why did I start this blog? I started this blog to share my heart and struggles with others in a meaningful and impactful way that show my REAL life in love with Jesus. I want to share with others that living for Christ is a messy thing and maybe help others and myself know that we aren't alone in this. I titled my blog Carliann Reviewed because I see this as a place to take some time and review what life has placed before me. You can expect to find paintings, poetry, and questions here.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I am so pumped to read your blogs and keep up with your art and poetry! We should talk sometime and you can tell me how to decorate my blog better. You've also inspired me to get back into blogging -- I love it so much, and it is a form of worship and sharing for me, but I never make time for it anymore! Thanks girl! You are awesome! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete